Monday 15 October 2018

Book Review: The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair - Joel Dicker


Wow!
I don't even have any other words to describe it.
My good friend Elisa has recommended this book to me and when I finished it she asked me how it was and I just didn't know what to say.
I will try to review this book without spoiling it too much, although I see it a bit hard to do.

So, the basic story is that Harry Quebert gets arrested for killing a 15-years-old girl disappeared 33 years before the discovery of her body.
Marcus Goldman, a good friend of Harry, intervenes to help his friend and prove his innocence.

The book is 615 pages long and - I kid you not - every page is filled with an unexpected turn!
There was not a minute where I was like "WTF is happening!!", screaming in my room cause I did not see one thing or the other coming.

I must admit, I had an intuition on who the murderer was from the beginning, but I just didn't know the reason. And believe me, you will never see it coming.

Sky is now airing the TV serie of the book, I saw the first episode before I read the book, but managed to finish the book before I saw any other episode. So now I can enjoy the TV serie.

I could go on talking about this forever, but it will be full of spoilers and believe me, you want to read this without spoilers!

If anyone has read it and wants to talk about it, please feel free to message me!

Ciao Ciao,
V.

No comments:

Post a Comment